Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life of crime

If anyone ever wanted to pickpocket me here in Granada, the perfect time to do it would be when I´m walking down the street eating my bag of mango. I keep telling myself I will try something new like one of the bread treats they sell on the side of the road, but every time I´m walking through the central market and I see that one lady with the crazy eye and the basket of perfectly ripened mango, I can´t help myself. And then it´s just me and the mango for 10 beautiful minutes. I honestly dont think I´d notice if someone took my entire bag off my arm and walked away with it, so long as they didnt steal my fruit.

Also, there is a guy here in Granada who has tried to sell me drugs 3 times now. Except, he never remembers that we have already spoken. We have literally had the same conversation 3 times in 2 weeks (always with me inventing new fun details about my life). It´s starting to feel a little like Groundhog Day. Stay off crack.

Finally, I wish people here would stop commenting on my "beautiful blue eyes." They´re effing green. For the love.

No comments: